XCR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I live in Commiefornia.

So let me begin. My XCR in 7.62 arrived at my FFL today so hustled my behind to get there to begin the DROS process.

Let me begin by saying this, Terra was awesome, it did take longer than I wanted but that's because the PWS FSC30 Muzzel Break just showed up last week so it ended up holding up the rifle.

But let me explain the damn RIDICULOUS laws in the Peoples Republic of California.

For a rifle to be considered an "Assault Weapon" it has to have 3 evil features. Well the XCR automatically has two, one of which I can remove.

First X - Semi Auto
Second X - Detachable Mag - I can change that by having a bullet button release system, but I didn't want that
Third X - Collapsible Stock

So here's the basic scenario. If you view the attached picture you'll see the Monster Man Grip, that takes care of the "EVIL" pistol grip. From the end of the monster man grip to the end of compensator the rifle is about 31 inches long. So, UNDER THE LAW, my rifle is completely compliant without the stock, but I add on a collapsible stock, which makes it longer, it's an assault weapon. Unfricken believable. Sorry for venting, but the current laws are in complete violation of the 2nd Amendment and they make absolutely NO SENSE AT ALL...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sorry to hear that, man. My wife wants to live in CA, but knows it will never happen as long as I love guns.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear that, man. My wife wants to live in CA, but knows it will never happen as long as I love guns.
Thanks Prizm, I think I'll just get a fixed stock and be done with it. On the flip side, I'm building a compliant AR-10 and can use the stock for that, but I was planning on having a bullet button on it so I won't have any issues.

BTW - There were a TON of people in the store drooling over the XCR. What's interesting I asked the store owner why he didn't carry the XCR and he said, "In the area, people were not interested in "exotic" rifles"". That made me smile.

On a positive note, the rifle is really a work of art...... ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I haven't found a dealer yet that I like in my part of Kalifornia. I ordered my rifle a month ago online and am patiently waiting for it. I still have to give some dealer money for the transfer, but they missed out on the extra profit when they decided not be helpful. At least you can visit yours over the next ten days...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yeah I'd go fixed stock. I think folders are over rated anyway. I like the collapsable stocks better. Of course that's my opinion. So the XCR is exotic huh? Sweet!

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have to admit that Killswitch has a good point live in UT and you can own just about anything... BTW I am a CA resident, its just I happen to be in the USAF and stationed in UT so I can purchase said "EVIL" fire arms and be legal. >:D

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm with ya, I too live in shakey town and have an XCR on order. I was worried about the issue with the stock so opted to not get the collapsible version, or monster man grip. Instead I went with the bullet button device. Not really a big deal, it's an easy feature to remove if I ever move back up to Oregon or any other state that isn't stupid.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yeah, it sucks to have to bastardize a perfectly good gun in the name of communism.

On another note, I have lots of family in UT. They would say DON'T move from CA to UT. They are tired of people moving to UT then complaining it isn't like it was in CA and trying to change it to the way they think it should be. I know this mostly applies to the libs, I know I have seen UT change lots in my lifetime.

·
Registered
986 Posts
AZ,

Yea thats called Californication. I will admit that UT does need some change, everything is by the book here. I am more of the intent of the law then letter of the law. Ut is more letter of the law. I miss CA, I am from the Central coast and it bueatiful and I go back as often as I can to see the ocean. But I leave my guns here in UT....

Dredd

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
They called it Californication when I lived in Idaho, too. Don't see any of that here in NoVa.

I was looking at your photo and I think you need to move your rear site forward on the rail. It looks like it could easily get knocked hangin' out in space like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts