XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys...Does anyone know how long the XCR-Ls are on backorder for? I ordered my weapon about 9 weeks ago and the dealer I went through is not checking up regularly for me. Last I heard was 2-4 weeks from the dealer, but it has been about 3 weeks now. Thanks for your help.

Can't wait to go shoot'n

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Maybe Terra can help. But she will most likely need to know the dealer you used, caliber ordered, and barrel length ordered. She is a great gal and has helped several of us. Enjoy your XCR. :2cents:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
When I spoke with staff at RobArm last week, to chase a customers order, they told me that they only had 4 heavy barrels left in this batch. I think they are working on light barrels now.

Sorry if I bring bad news, but that's what they told me.

If I could help you guys I would :-\

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I had ordered a light barrel. I'll probable just have to give them a call tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Well that's good news for the people waiting for their light barrels.

Good luck, and give your dealer a call to check up on the order if they haven't done so already!

Be safe.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
guys,
yes, we have not had any light barrels in. That is why so many customers have been waiting. Now, we should have some coming in, and will be able to fill all the long-awaited orders. Thank you all for being so patient. We will do our best to make sure your orders are taken care of. For those of you waiting, PM me your real name and the dealer your order was placed through, and I will make sure those orders are looked out for.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Terra - please take one of those light 16 inchers and stick it under your desk with a post-it note attached saying "FOR BRAVO". It'll probably be February, but I'm gonna get another one..... gotta wait for the annual refund on my national government extortion money overage.

Oh, and let me ask! Would it be a problem to have it shipped without a stock? I'd want one of those M4 fixed stock adapters included, but no stock (gonna do the next one with an entry stock too).

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
You will want to place your order NOW, bravo, if you want to get it by Febuary. There is a long waiting list for barrels, and they won't touch your order unless you've been waiting a while. So place that order now!!! ::) :)

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Dang, that Terra is a convincing sales-person!

Ordered another one today.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I retract my previous statement!! My rifle has been here. I've been out of town since mid November, and told my FFL I was going to be gone. Normally they call me when a gun comes in for me, but this time they did not since I told them I would be gone. So, it was a miscommunication between me and my dealer.

Anyhow, Ty called me personally, and we got it straightened out. Thanks Ty, and Terra for checking on this for me.

As for the rifle, I just went to pick it up, and it looks great upon initial inspection. Can't wait to give it a cleaning/degreasing, hopfully tonight. The finish on this rifle is a beautiful dark black; that is one of the things I like about it. And the weight of the rifle is less than I expected, for sure. The only other XCR I've handled had a heavy barrel, suppressor, and bipod hanging off of it, so I didn't really get a good feel for the weight of a normally equipped rifle at that point. Mine has the light barrel, and, I think it balances very well, contrary to some opinions I've seen on here.

The ambi selector has a nice positive click right out of the box... I've noticed this sometimes takes some breaking-in to achieve on some AR lowers.

Its got the new gas system.

I looked for some of the flaking finish under the top rail that was reported on one rifle here once, and found none.

The rifle also came with rail covers that I neither ordered nor paid for, and that I thought were supposed to cost extra. Free rail covers! Nice.

So far I'm quite pleased. Hopefully I'll get a chance to read through the manual and give it a good cleaning soon. I don't know when I will get to shoot it though. :( The schedule imposed by the season is conspiring against me. Be assured though, I will deliver a range report when the time comes. :)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Hey NY, Buy some militech1 lube, use spairingly first go. While at the range, with the weapon HOT, put some miltech1 in yhr chamber, bolt & carrier, trigger group and chamber locking lug area. When you get home from the range clean as usual, apply militech1. Note: When you applied militech1 at the range the lube "bonded" with the metal providing a "dry" lube...... each application gets better. Good Luck. :2cents:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts