XCR Forum banner

XCR L bolt wear question

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  CFTOA 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Love my XCR so far - just had a small issue today I am curious about.. shooting my XCR, the barrel retention nut came a bit loose which I understand is a common problem when not torqued correctly.

Just worried as there's some wear on the face of the bolt where it meets the 'tip' of the feed ramp, as well as on the chamber.

View image: 20160120 134620

Curious if the two issues are related and the wear is normal.

Thanks for the help!

#2 ·
Hard to tell from the pic, but looks pretty normal.

200 inch lbs is what the torque spec is for the bbl bolt (though as high as 250 inch lbs has been posted by RA employees in the past)....however, I will sometimes snug it to 20 ft. lbs (240 inch lbs) just to be sure and if I only have that kind of torque wrench handy. I used to just gorilla fist it as I was told "you can't hurt it"....until I snapped the head off of the allen bolt. Drilling that SOB out is what made me decide to use the torque wrench instead. ;)

Reactions: Bravo and Merlin
#6 ·
Importer? Are you in Canada?

Either way, I've got bolts that look just like that and never had the bbl retention bolt come lose. Looks like normal wear.

#8 · (Edited)

Here's a couple of shitty cell phone pics of my x39 bolt with somewhere between 300 and 500 rounds through it. Pretty sure it's closer to 300.

Hand Finger Gas Plastic bottle Tints and shades
Human body Audio equipment Gadget Gesture Font
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive lighting Finger Guitar accessory Gas Tints and shades
Tool Cylinder Gas Hand tool Auto part

Flash isn't working so the last pic shown doesn't show that most of the parking is worn off the flats on the bottom of the bolt lugs.

What you got is normal bolt wear.

If you're that concerned about it....buy another bolt. Spares are good to have anyway....they run about $125. Put it in and see if you get the same wear.

If it's still shooting just fine, I wouldn't be at all concerned about it....but if you're that worried, send your pics to RA and see what the techs have to say.

#10 ·

Here's a couple of shitty cell phone pics of my x39 bolt with somewhere between 300 and 500 rounds through it. Pretty sure it's closer to 300.

View attachment 9263 View attachment 9264 View attachment 9265 View attachment 9266 View attachment 9267

Flash isn't working so the last pic shown doesn't show that most of the parking is worn off the flats on the bottom of the bolt lugs.

What you got is normal bolt wear.

If you're that concerned about it....buy another bolt. Spares are good to have anyway....they run about $125. Put it in and see if you get the same wear.

If it's still shooting just fine, I wouldn't be at all concerned about it....but if you're that worried, send your pics to RA and see what the techs have to say.
Appreciate all the replies guys!

My main concern wasn't with the bottom of the bolt, but where it meets the crest of the feed ramp.

In any case doesn't seem like there's an issue! Thanks again

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.