XCR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of a new XCR-L 12” 7.62x39 pistol.

In handling & familiarizing myself with the weapon, I notice that when switched on to “fire” that the right side safety lever digs into the side of my trigger finger knuckle (I’m right handed) which is annoying.

Just wondering if the right safety lever can be reversed so that it points toward the upper (away from my knuckle) or replaced with an aftermarket part that won’t dig into my knuckle? Otherwise, I’m sure I can grind off the offending pointer…

Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
To my knowledge there aren't any aftermarket safety options, I do believe they had a version with the right side smaller at one time.. the grinder might be your best option. Also if you just didn't want the right side of the ambi safety I've got a rifle missing the right side paddle I would be willing to purchase it from you if you decided to go the route of just ditching it.

·
Registered
22,391 Posts
I just took delivery of a new XCR-L 12” 7.62x39 pistol.

In handling & familiarizing myself with the weapon, I notice that when switched on to “fire” that the right side safety lever digs into the side of my trigger finger knuckle (I’m right handed) which is annoying.

Just wondering if the right safety lever can be reversed so that it points toward the upper (away from my knuckle) or replaced with an aftermarket part that won’t dig into my knuckle? Otherwise, I’m sure I can grind off the offending pointer…

Thanks!
You can just remove that side or grind it down. I think it's possible to move it 180°, but I'm not sure that it would be at all reachable like that. I used to remove mine completely....now I just grind them down and re-blue them. Your call.

Reactions: Flskunkape

·
Registered
126 Posts
You can just remove that side or grind it down. I think it's possible to move it 180°, but I'm not sure that it would be at all reachable like that. I used to remove mine completely....now I just grind them down and re-blue them. Your call.
Can you remove the right side selector and replace it with a washer? I think the other side of the switch is needed to secure the safety into the receiver, so something should be there to hold it down.

·
Registered
22,391 Posts
Can you remove the right side selector and replace it with a washer? I think the other side of the switch is needed to secure the safety into the receiver, so something should be there to hold it down.
No need.

Reactions: Chowwow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yes, the right side selector is reversible 180 degrees, you just have to file off the bottom edge of the pointer to clear the upper receiver. A PITA, but much better than getting jabbed in the knuckle when you try to pull the trigger.

Plus it’s much easier to put the gun on safe from fire just by pushing down on the right side selector with your trigger finger or thumb.

·
Registered
22,391 Posts
Yes, the right side selector is reversible 180 degrees, you just have to file off the bottom edge of the pointer to clear the upper receiver. A PITA, but much better than getting jabbed in the knuckle when you try to pull the trigger.

Plus it’s much easier to put the gun on safe from fire just by pushing down on the right side selector with your trigger finger or thumb.
It's not any different than leaving it where it is and grinding the nub portion down to the base material...JFYI. Your gun, your call though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Before you modify it I'd try something like the bcm mod1 with the extra beaver tail/comb to increase length of pull for your trigger finger. Might put the selector in a more comfortable position.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Before you modify it I'd try something like the bcm mod1 with the extra beaver tail/comb to increase length of pull for your trigger finger. Might put the selector in a more comfortable position.
I second that, actually. The XCR is a little heavy and the grip will have a tendency to sink lower into your hand. When I first had my XCR, the right side safety did poke at my hand a little, but when I added the deeper beaver tail in the Magpul MIAD grip set I had, it never became a problem and now it's one of the most comfy things I've held in my hands.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have the same issue with the standard AR grip that comes with the rifle. I have found, at least for me, that the Hogue rubberized grip is large enough to move my finger away from the safety. I run them on all four of my XCR's.

Reactions: willpgn and Chowwow
1 - 12 of 12 Posts