XCR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an xcr M mini reciever chambered in 6.5CM the barrel is a 20" barrel. It is black but marked "SS" are all of their barrels marked this way? Or are they just doing stainless steel precision barrels?

I appreciate any help. Pretty new to the xcrs lol.

·
Registered
22,639 Posts
I just purchased an xcr M mini reciever chambered in 6.5CM the barrel is a 20" barrel. It is black but marked "SS" are all of their barrels marked this way? Or are they just doing stainless steel precision barrels?

I appreciate any help. Pretty new to the xcrs lol.
If it's marked SS, it should be. In the past SS bbls have been black but more recently in the case of 6.5G, have been like a silver specked, almost sand blasted to make them non-reflective finish. I wouldn't be surprised if 6.5CM would be SS but finished in black....RA is big on trying to be seen as an accurate platform. For a time, the .308Ms were all SS offering when they first came out. Not sure if 6.5CM is offered in a standard 4140/4150 bbl steel.

The only way to know for sure is likely to contact RA direct and ask.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's marked SS, it should be. In the past SS bbls have been black but more recently in the case of 6.5G, have been like a silver specked, almost sand blasted to make them non-reflective finish. I wouldn't be surprised if 6.5CM would be SS but finished in black....RA is big on trying to be seen as an accurate platform. For a time, the .308Ms were all SS offering when they first came out. Not sure if 6.5CM is offered in a standard 4140/4150 bbl steel.

The only way to know for sure is likely to contact RA direct and ask.
Thanks for the help! I'll see what they have to say.

·
Registered
22,639 Posts
Thanks for the help! I'll see what they have to say.
Good luck. They can be kind of slow at times in responding. Let us know (if you don't mind) what they say. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts