XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys that cover the empty mlok slots, use to do so? Include pics if you will please, im trying to decide what i want. I don't like the monotonous look of all the slots in the front of the handguard so i need ideas...

Show em off !

·
Registered
22 Posts
The "recommended for you" thing brought up a post with someone selling an optic, and the rifle had some really nice looking pads flanking one of those not-as-big-as-a-pistol-grip fore grips. The pads looked really sharp. I can't find it now... I was going to ask the same question.

·
Registered
22,523 Posts
I used to use BCM on my Mlok slots, but they kept falling out (I still use BCM for the KM slots).

Now I use the Strike Industries ones....they haven't fallen out during shooting. Seem to insulate well enough...even without gloves, though I have KAGs or similar on most so when they get too hot, I adjust my grip a bit.

·
Registered
22,523 Posts
Please tell me about this light and mount....
It's a BCM. I have one....but prefer the ADM offset ones so I can just take these (IMO) far too expensive Cloud Defensive/Surefire lights and move them between rifles.

If you have Mlok, the Bobro QD pivoting mount is tits. Just got one....2 more on order.

Reactions: TexasChris

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heres a fantastic choice if your needs are adjustability and you don't need to move it from gun to gun. The mount is what makes the package. The pivoting mount is on the other side so you cant see it, but you have about 120 degrees of adjustment to get it close to the rail so it fits any firearm/forearm perfect. Comes with mlok and pic mounts both. I have several and absolutely love them compared to anything else ive had in the past. Hella bright. Theres a 3 series thats smaller and a 6 series pictured here. But i'll state again, NOT a good choice if moving from gun to gun alot. Surefire Scout Light Pro.

Camera accessory Bicycle part Font Cylinder Microphone

·
Registered
502 Posts
Please tell me about this light and mount....
Like Sean said, it’s a BCM mount with a surefire micro scout.

I have since moved on to a Cloud Defense OWL. The candela and beam pattern is far superior, as well as the mount integrated button.

I also plan on picking up a cloud defense micro Rein at some point too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,523 Posts
Heres a fantastic choice if your needs are adjustability and you don't need to move it from gun to gun. The mount is what makes the package. The pivoting mount is on the other side so you cant see it, but you have about 120 degrees of adjustment to get it close to the rail so it fits any firearm/forearm perfect. Comes with mlok and pic mounts both. I have several and absolutely love them compared to anything else ive had in the past. Hella bright. Theres a 3 series thats smaller and a 6 series pictured here. But i'll state again, NOT a good choice if moving from gun to gun alot. Surefire Scout Light Pro.

View attachment 15452
That mount is exactly what the Bobro offers.....the ability to mount it up close and rotate it to whatever angle....problem with the one from Surefire is it locks you into that particular light (but it's part of the package so it makes sense if you want that light or one of the other Scout series (300/600). The one from Bobro allows you to mount any standardized Surefire (or other brand) bolt pattern.

The difference is: you can move it from gun to gun without tools....if you have Mlok.

On my KM XCRs.....the offset mount from ADM for Surefire/Cloud Defense/Streamlight is my preference (No tools required either):

·
Registered
22,523 Posts
Like Sean said, it’s a BCM mount with a surefire micro scout.

I have since moved on to a Cloud Defense OWL. The candela and beam pattern is far superior, as well as the mount integrated button.

I also plan on picking up a cloud defense micro Rein at some point too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, Cloud Defensive seems to be the bleeding edge of light tech now. Want a micro Rein as well.....That's probably my next light purchase.

Reactions: TTEngineer

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
That mount is exactly what the Bobro offers.....the ability to mount it up close and rotate it to whatever angle....problem with the one from Surefire is it locks you into that particular light (but it's part of the package so it makes sense if you want that light or one of the other Scout series (300/600). The one from Bobro allows you to mount any standardized Surefire (or other brand) bolt pattern.

The difference is: you can move it from gun to gun without tools....if you have Mlok.

On my KM XCRs.....the offset mount from ADM for Surefire/Cloud Defense/Streamlight is my preference (No tools required either):

Yeah i agree. And i also agree that if your needs are for moving to and from firearms (i dont do that much, once its built it stays there for the most part) this set up isn't a tool free design. That Bobro is excellent for moving the light from gun to gun to gun to gun. They really knocked it out of the park for the guys that have the older scouts or streams with the same bottom two screw setup. Although that scout pro only takes one turn on each allen screw to unlock the lugs, its not nearly as fast as turning that barrel a bunch of revolutions and pulling the bobro off.

My needs/wants were #1 weight #2 mounting distance from rail #3 brightness. The scout pro with the new built in mount is the cats ass and kills it if your needs line up exactly like mine. But not everyone's are the same for sure.

The Cloud Def does look awful nice and i loved the light throw, the only things that kept me from keeping one is the size and weight and no ability to mount the pressure switch anywere besides right beside the light. Being right handed I like the light on the right side and the switch on the left and the top rail wont work with SD handguards for me. My grip isnt big enough to be comfortable or safe, and when running any other NV aiming devices on top there's no room for it there. Won't work. Plus like i said it feels like i duct taped a brick on the end of the handguard. Im thinking i would need to hit the gym :)

Again, Everyons mileage varies.......

·
Registered
22,523 Posts
Yeah i agree. And i also agree that if your needs are for moving to and from firearms (i dont do that much, once its built it stays there for the most part) this set up isn't a tool free design. That Bobro is excellent for moving the light from gun to gun to gun to gun. They really knocked it out of the park for the guys that have the older scouts or streams with the same bottom two screw setup. Although that scout pro only takes one turn on each allen screw to unlock the lugs, its not nearly as fast as turning that barrel a bunch of revolutions and pulling the bobro off.

My needs/wants were #1 weight #2 mounting distance from rail #3 brightness. The scout pro with the new built in mount is the cats ass and kills it if your needs line up exactly like mine. But not everyone's are the same for sure.

The Cloud Def does look awful nice and i loved the light throw, the only things that kept me from keeping one is the size and weight and no ability to mount the pressure switch anywere besides right beside the light. Being right handed I like the light on the right side and the switch on the left and the top rail wont work with SD handguards for me. My grip isnt big enough to be comfortable or safe, and when running any other NV aiming devices on top there's no room for it there. Won't work. Plus like i said it feels like i duct taped a brick on the end of the handguard. Im thinking i would need to hit the gym :)

Again, Everyons mileage varies.......
I think if you're buying a new light right now....your set up is actually probably the best in that for the price, it includes the mount. I've already got several lights with the 2 bolt mounting pattern, so I'm sort of locked into that design unless I buy a new light completely and I want to try the CD since it's only a little more than the Surefires.

One word for anyone reading along....Bobro's mount is $80 direct from Bobro. They are constantly selling out of stock, but replenish quickly. I have two on order with SWFA (Rainier Arms also has them) for $63 each...but they are on backorder at both places with no word on when they will replenish. I'm guessing Bobro is selling these so fast at $80 (like $92 by the time it's shipped/taxed....thanks SCOTUS f a g s) that they aren't filling wholesale orders to places selling them at a deep discount. Just a guess obviously. What I'm saying is: if you want one now, you'll likely need to sign up to be notified when they come in stock at Bobro. I can wait on my other two mounts as I have a ton of lights on ADM QD mounts already, so I'm not in a big hurry.

Cool! We have auto censoring software on the forum. "F a g s" is apparently too rough for the site, lol.

• Haha
1 - 20 of 21 Posts