XCR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from the email:

XCR-P
What we did NOT show at the Shot Show was our XCR-P which is a pistol caliber version of the XCR. We've been designing this for some time. Like our other XCRs, it will be gas operated, multi-caliber, have great ergonomics, and be available in rifle and pistol configurations. We're planning on 9mm, .45 ACP, and hopefully 10mm all feeding from Glock magazines. We'd love to hear your comments on what barrel lengths, twists, and other features you'd like to see on this platform. Please email your comments to [email protected].
https://robinsonarmament.com/xcr-p/?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Alex claims the same gas system as the L.

Reactions: Sean K.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Holding out for the 10mm. . . . . . . .

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
It should be .460 Rowland instead of .45 acp. It'll still shoot .45 that way, and still feed from Glock mags, but will have the extra support to run the much hotter Rowland loads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alex claims the same gas system as the L.
That's the same claim I got from their email but I honestly don't expect it to come out any time soon (given how long it took them to get XCR to a working state)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Resurrecting. Who is stoked for a PCC? I always feel underwhelmed with a pistol caliber carbine (why not just get a rifle?). Having a gas piston in a PCC seems novel enough, but I don't know if a pistol round needs that? What can Robinson do to make the XCR-P attractive?

I'm kind of in the market for a "sub machine" gun like the PS-90 or MP-5 though. If they could make it small and compact like the B&T offerings, that would be cool.

The B&T APC-9 SMG with select fire.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
What can Robinson do to make the XCR-P attractive?

Same thing that makes the -L and -M attractive. Caliber exchange and durability of all metal construction. Maybe even adjustable gas as well. But, by the time it's out, the whole PCC craze will likely be over. If you want an affordable subgun range toy, CZ Scorpion is hard to beat. Magazines are affordable and there are enough aftermarket options to make your head spin. There's always the H&K SP5.

·
Registered
21,984 Posts
Same thing that makes the -L and -M attractive. Caliber exchange and durability of all metal construction. Maybe even adjustable gas as well. But, by the time it's out, the whole PCC craze will likely be over. If you want an affordable subgun range toy, CZ Scorpion is hard to beat. Magazines are affordable and there are enough aftermarket options to make your head spin. There's always the H&K SP5.
Agreed on all counts. I have the Scorpion. It's a great gun, but if I had it to do over, I'd have been more diligent in sourcing a PSA AK-V and added a custom ALG trigger. Those look hella fun and use cheap mags.

Reactions: fmunk

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the XCR-P gets released I will be purchasing both an XCR-P and an XCR-M after I see some first shots videos.
It is absolutely prime time for it to be released. Just waiting.

(first post)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm very interested in an XCR-P in 45 that suppresses well. maybe 6-7.5" barrel? I've always thought the lwrc smg45's 8.5" barrel was too long for an smg that should be suppressed. Every 45 smg should have suppression in mind as a common component.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Agreed on all counts. I have the Scorpion. It's a great gun, but if I had it to do over, I'd have been more diligent in sourcing a PSA AK-V and added a custom ALG trigger. Those look hella fun and use cheap mags.
I’d love to see the XCR-P, but....well, it’s all been said above already! I’ve gone way down the PCC rabbit hole over the last couple of years because they are fun and were cheap to shoot. The AK-V is, by far, at the top of my list and would recommend it. After PSA fixed the issues in the gen1s, it’s really reminded me of the XCR in terms of being a solid, reliable gun...tank-like, if you will.

I traded my Scorpion first...good gun and I love CZs, but just took too much “after market” to get it where I wanted it.

My current PCC rankings, just my 2 cents from direct experience:

Excellent (y)(y)
CMMG Banshee 5.7 conversion (uses Pmags, I go back and forth on this being a “PCC” - it is my #1 favorite “small cartridge“ gun though)
PSA AK-V 9mm (Gen 2)
CMMG Banshee 9mm conversion (uses Pmags)
PTR MP5 clone 9mm
Stribog 9mm (“Gen 2“, not roller delayed one)
PSA AR-V 9mm (not shot a lot yet, maybe 200 rounds)
Keltec Sub2K 9mm (glock mags)
QC10 AR 9mm (glock mags)

Good (y)
CZ Scorpion (I’d buy again if they do 10mm)
QC10 AR 10mm (glock mags - love it, when it runs...had failures to feed often though)
Ruger PC9 (good gun, just doesn’t do anything better than the ones above)

Mistakes (n)
Kriss Vector - Gen 1 .45 (shoots fine, but overly complicated and ergos aren’t great)

Almosts/Want to try:
B&T APC9 (had a heck of a deal lined up, but declined as I just got the Stribog a week before)
Sig MPX (came close, but never “pulled the trigger” 🤣)
XCR-P...not holding my breath 😒

I’ve run all of these suppressed, except the 2 QC ARs and Ruger. I don’t have them all at this point, so I’m working from memory. I‘m thinking that I missed one :unsure:...will update if I remember it! As I said, I’ve gone deep in the PCC realm in the past few years!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honestly, I think Robinson really needs to focus on this as soon as possible. The window for the ideal PCC is still open but now there are others who are nearly to the point of perfection.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Honestly, I think Robinson really needs to focus on this as soon as possible. The window for the ideal PCC is still open but now there are others who are nearly to the point of perfection.
Hey new guy, explain to me the appeal of a PCC? I think it's better for home defense than a rifle, but a lot of these carbines seem so large that I'd expect better stopping power than a typical pistol caliber.

Almosts/Want to try:
B&T APC9
That looks cool. If I were to get that, I'd want to be able to rapid fire that thing. Have you considered a binary trigger for it?

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
A Scorpion in 10mm would be tits. Semi-auto Vector is pointless, since it was specifically designed to tame full-auto recoil.

Hey new guy, explain to me the appeal of a PCC? I think it's better for home defense than a rifle, but a lot of these carbines seem so large that I'd expect better stopping power than a typical pistol caliber.
In pistol form + brace is really where it's at. Better accuracy, without as much training, than handguns. One of many justification for either "pistol" or carbine: lower cost of ammunition (in "normal" times). Another, in context of self- or home-defense: lower chance of over-penetration.

What evidence have you seen that shows you a PCC's stopping power isn't enough of an improvement? If a 9mm bullet out of a handgun is deemed good enough for personal defense, why wouldn't the same round be good enough (or better) out of a PCC? Longer barrel = higher muzzle velocity = greater energy. Bullet choice make a difference in stopping power too. See this ballistic chart: http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/mepngs/9mmluger.png

Yes, it's less concealable. But, between a PCC and a handgun, which do you think you'll be more accurate while under duress?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts