XCR Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
247 Posts
I expect something like the L micro. If it's going to fit anything from 9mm to 45, it'll need a larger diameter barrel extension. That prevents it from being scaled down a bunch, but the receiver should be much shorter. Oprod can probably be smaller diameter, especially if it's short stroke.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I also expect it to resemble the micro, or the mini. I think it’s even possible that it will have the same lower and upper as the XCR-L, except with a different magwell on the lower.
Do we know that it will have an adjustable gas piston? Because the channel for the op rod can also be used for a weighted extension of the bolt, as it is in the Vityaz/KP-9.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Another note, I thought it was interesting when CZ upgraded the Scorpion recently, many commenters stated that the controls were set up like an AR15, but one look And it was much clearer to me,
Given the position of the bolt release, that it is set up much more like an XCR.

·
Registered
22,973 Posts
Another note, I thought it was interesting when CZ upgraded the Scorpion recently, many commenters stated that the controls were set up like an AR15, but one look And it was much clearer to me,
Given the position of the bolt release, that it is set up much more like an XCR.
Yeah, definitely a rip off of the XCR (just like the ACR frankly).

While the XCR's layout is superior, the CZ wasn't horrible as it was....just different. It's definitely now more ambi and better for lefties though....so that's good.

Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just a little eye candy for the Scorpion fans out there. I finally got around to installing an HBI aluminum handguard. This one is also SBRd so it will be getting a stock (JMac triangle side folder) and of course I’ll reinstall the sights and red dot.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Gas Trigger Gun barrel Machine Composite material

·
Registered
22,973 Posts
Dual charging handles? Is that the Magpul grip? Handguard looks nice.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It’s a Magpul grip. I added the extended charging handle on the right because I typically shoot left handed. I left the factory charging handle on the left because this is a gun that I find others enjoy trying out, and most people shoot right handed.
i haven’t shot it yet since changing the handguard. The Hbi handguard essentially free floats the barrel so I’m curious how accuracy will be affected.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts