XCR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of the early xcrs had problems. im looking at a used one what serial number would be safe?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Any, all the problems can be fixed through a recall or through proper maintenance and attention.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
there is a list of XCRs in need of upgrades on the website. All owners have been notified... some just choose to ignore us. If it's not on the list, it's fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can you give a round about serial number i should be concerned with, and where do I find that list Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I know some of the early xcrs had problems. im looking at a used one what serial number would be safe?
Color me skeptic, but I think the "problems" were really "potential problems".

I got the 5th serial number to leave Robinson as my first XCR. Notification about the "potential problems" came a couple of cases into my shooting..... 100% reliable and accurate shooting at that.

Yeah, I got the upgraded parts, but I don't believe I would have lost one second of sleep if I hadn't.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Serial numbers go in and out for various steps in the process at different times. There is no way to really say. For example, I just shipped # xl00276 today. Sure as heck ain't the 276th one ever made.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Gotcha Terra!

I was just going off of what Ty told me - he told me it was the 5th to come out of RA.

I put half the money down about a year and some before I got the call for the other half ;-)

IIRC, Ty said that I was something like 16th in line for the XCR when they made the debut..... but things changed 'cause I was the 5th to get my second half in. Seems like I had my second half in about 4 or 5 months before the first ones shipped.

It was SN 5X, and X is within the lower half (GRIN).

When I say that the XCR and I go way back, I mean WAY back! HA! DOUBLE HA!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts