XCR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of questions about the XCR:

How do you go about getting barrels of different lengths?

Have they released the 7.62 yet? Does it use proprietary mags? If so how much do they cost on average?

When is Rob Arms going to release the trigger upgrade? I have heard the trigger is a constant complaint against the XCR

Is Rob Arms still working on a proprietary stock for the XCR? I would more than likely just put a Magpul CTR on it.

Are there any reputable dealers out there to get a price quote from about the system?

The only gun I see out there that is comparable to this system would be the Sig 556 for now. All of the other piston systems are just add ons for the AR 15

I appreciate any and all input and answers to my questions!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ok I'm not the smartest around here but I'll give it a shot....

#1 You simply order a different barrel length. By default the light barrel is going to come in 16" the heavy will be an 18". If you want a 12" or something along those lines they can cut that for you, but you HAVE to do your paperwork with the BATF, the rules on this may be different where you live, there should be a post about that someplace, or if not its on robarm.com

#2 Yes they have the 7.62 x 39 (Commie shooter!). It is available a few places online and you can check out some of those posts in the 7.62 section. The mags are not proprietary but are made by C products. They cost on average about $30 - $35 apiece. They have mucho problems keeping them produced and thats why my kit has not arrived yet :(

#3 Terra just posted they had began machining the parts and had some working prototypes that had been tested by folks that were well received. I would hope they would be ready by the end of the year, but Terra's lips are sealed. While the trigger is not my favorite part of the rifle either, I've heard GREAT things about Bob Springfields trigger jobs, and they will run you only $50.

#4 I'm not sure on this one but I believe its still in the works, but no word of the progress or not. A lot of folks have the Magpul on here as seen in the pictures and they like it just fine. I'm fine with the stock folder myself.

#5 Yes there are, and that depends where you live. There is a dealer that frequents the forums here and he can hook you up if you so desire. Check out AussieArms and he can help you, or if you live close to some stop in and give it a go.

#6 There are some other competitors out there, LWRC comes to mind and a few others, but I didn't really research them too much once I locked in on the XCR. I was on the fence about a 556 or XCR, and I think I made the right choice. That opinion differs with others, but its my opinion, and you too will have to make one.

Hope this helps! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Just to add to what Thad said.

1. Right now I think 18" is the best we get. I am sure as things slow down (once all the current projects are complete) we will see Robarms putting out more options for barrels.

2. If you are tlaking about .308 I don't we will see it before christmas, I am hoping for Feb. It will take the SR-25 mags (I think those are the DPMS mags). Yes, the 7.62x39 is out. You can get the mags for under $30 by shopping around. C products is still tweaking them a bit but it sounds like the guys on here that have them are impressed for the most part.

3. I personally don't mind the stock trigger. It goes bang everytime I press it and doesn't feel much different from a current issue M16A2 or M4. yes, I had Bill work mine and it feels better. If I was doing any type of presicion work with my XCR I would want something better but for what I use it for it works. I think you can expect the new trigger before christmas unless they run into snags from suppliers.

4. The stock is getting done. Last I spoke to Alex they were putting the final touches on it. Again, I am hoping for christmas time for the stock.

5. Thad hit it right on, contact Terra and she can tell you who to contact that might have them in stock. You can buy from them and ship to your FFL.

You are correct, most other available rifles out there are just an AR with a piston added to it. The XCR brings lots of great designs together into one package. It isn't the perfect, be all end all rifle but it sure brings a lot to the table. it really depends what you want it for. The thing that impresses me about it is that it seems "overbuilt". When I look at an AR bolt I am amazed that it hold up to shooting 6.8 and larger calibers. It just looks like it wasn't designed for that kind of abuse. The XCR was designed from the ground up as a system capable of way more than the AR. No, it doesn't have 40 years of design changes behind it but the XCR really is a well built concept.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts