XCR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doug's called yesterday and said my rifle will be shipped this morning. Of course my FFL is closed monday. I bought a Larue Aimpoint mount. It has the fixed Vltor stock, should I trade it for the factory folding tube stock or just get the parts to make the Vltor folding?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Congrats on being almost there. Just a few more days. Me, I prefer the factory folder over everything else out there right now. It just flows with the overall design of the gun, instead of looking like a real nice gun with an M4 stock thrown on it. Besides the good looks it functions well and I shoot good enough with it to not worry about it. My opinion may change when we see the new stock, only time will tell.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I concur with aziator here. The factory folding stock is what I have and it works just fine. I'm waiting on the new stock to come out since it is something desigend from the ground up for this rifle. Whatever you have is perfectly fine and will get you going on your way, no worries there, so before spending some more cash I'd be patient and see what else is in the works.

Welcomes to the club!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Welcome, Get the XCR, no matter the stock it comes with. So later you want to change out go ahead. You just bought an XCR and beat any new gun laws to come out. ;D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome, Get the XCR, no matter the stock it comes with. So later you want to change out go ahead. You just bought an XCR and beat any new gun laws to come out. ;D
That's what I did, and so far I'm quite satisfied with the factory folder. Next Tues. I'm shooting a drill night at the club and I'll have a better opinion. But it's great to have the XCR before it might be too late anyway ;D.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I agree with most here. I have the factory folder and like it, but I'm wanting a better stock. The way I shoot / cheek weld I end up not putting the entire stock into my shoulder which leaves me bruised. Functionally its fine, but I'd rather have something a little bit more comfortable to fight off the zombies and such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts