XCR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM A NEW XCR OWNER AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE BENEFITS WOULD BE OF UPGRADING TO THE NEW BOLT AND THE NEW GAS BLOCK? OR SHOULD I IF IT ISN'T BROKE
DON'T FIX IT??????? CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT

·
Registered
431 Posts
I did not know there was a new bolt, aside from the bolts in the caliber conversions.
With the new gas block you can change the the gas settings without any tools with the old style you needed a wrench, and I think they are better for shortbarreled rifles... There is nothing wrong with the old gasblock, but if you want to spend the extra $100.00 for the convenience of using your fingers instead of a wrench its great!

·
Registered
923 Posts
The only new bolts I know of are for the new calibers. My XCR came with the new gas block so I have never used the old style, you might want to check with Terra and see if your XCR has the new or the old Gas Block.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
There is no need unless you get caliber change kits as these all come with the new system which requires a change to the gas block and the tip of the gas piston. If you intend to stay with just the rifle as is don't bother.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think the "new bolt" is actually the newer firing pin.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Did you buy an early version? If you just bought a new one, it already has the new gas block and firing pin. I think that's been the case for about a year because I bought mine last September and it had the upgrades.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Regarding the gas block, I went the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" option. A couple thousand rounds ago, well in to the thousands of rounds fired is when they released it. I have had zero problems with my XCR and old gas block, and it stays on setting 3. Why change it if you don't need to? That was my thoughts on the matter. A flawlessly running gun is a flawlessly running gun, no need to possibly screw up a good thing!

So IMO, if you haven't fired the rifle yet, give the new gas block a try. For other people who want to upgrade, ask yourself if it's really that important...i.e., are you adding a suppressor? Do you change ammo frequently?

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Terra herself will tell you that you don't have to upgrade unless you want to use caliber conversion kits.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HI GUYS!!!!!

THANK YOU EVRYONE FOR YOUR INPUT AND AFTER LONG HARD THOUGHT AND DISCUSSIONS WITH OTHER OWNERS AND TERRA I CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THE DESIGNS ON THOSE TWO ITEMS WERE CHANGED FOR A REASON AND I FEEL IF THEY ADD TO THE LIFE OF MY XCR , THEN THEY ARE WORTH THE COST. AND I DECIDED TO THE UPGRADES BECAUSE WHEN AND IF ROBINSON DOES A 50 BEOWULF CONVERSION I GOTTA HAVE IT. THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!!!!

P.S. CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK VERTICAL GRIP?????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts