XCR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just discovered this site and heard of this gun. It looks really good, kind of a cross between a HK and an AR. What is the advantage of this over an AR or Fal and others. How about parts. One thing I really like about an AR is that there are tons of parts makers out there. I actually like precision bolts more than the rest but I love shootin AKs,FALs,Ars and my faverite M1A. The XCR looks real nice but how do they stack up to some of the others. Thanks much.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
M4-esque ergonomics with AK reliability! Ambidextrous bolt release, 45 degree throw for the selector lever. Better cycling system. (more similar to the AK over the direct impingement of the AR/M4 platform) More stock options, side folder as well as collapsible. Left hand charging handle. Different caliber conversions, easy barrel removal, monolithic rail system.

I took my XCR with me when we went to Nevada for some training. One weekend me and two other guys ran approx 1000+ rounds 62gr Green Tip through the gun in less than an hour. We had some malfunctions (light strikes which have long since been corrected) but the beauty of it, was the gun never came off target. Click, rack, boom!

Pick one up, you'll be sold. If you ever decided to sell it, you'd find a line of guys right here willing to buy one. But I wouldn't recommend selling it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those things you mention sound real good. I really like side charging (Fal had it right) How about parts support. I have one other problem, I live in Kalifornia. Do they make one that's compliant, bullet button pinned flash hider. How much? Thanks much for your reply.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I believe they do. (Don't quote me, I'm sure someone else will police this up.) When I had a problem with my rifle, Terra was quick to reply to my emails and was very helpful. They're a small company, but are very customer friendly. Just understand there is a bit of a demand right now ever since the Obamination so the wait may be a bit long and parts may be a bit scarce.

Again, about buying a rifle like that in Commifornia, my recommendation... MOVE.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Here is a quick synopsis of the XCR:

The reliability of the Kalashnikov.
The best features of the FAL.
The ergonomics and familiarity of the AR.

You get the best of the greatest weapons of war in one single package.

Why the military hasn't caught on? Because of cost to migrate to the XCR? Nonesense! Having once worked for DoD, I can verify that they blow BILLIONS of dollars on useless programs that end up being terminated after all that money is spent. These are not isolated incedents. I know as I was heavily involved with the programs and I always pushed for them to be ended before all that money was wasted. Of course that lead to me being railroaded out of the DoD. But I ended up making nearly 5x my decent government salary and now working when I want to (within reason, I do have meeting I must attend).

Good old DoD, push away those who know what they are doing for those who don't and simply do what they are told to regardless if it makes sense.

No I am not bitter. 8)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice to hear these responses, I have some AR friends that are bashing me for pursuing an XCR. I'm not an expert, yet, and so these are nice to see written down.

XCRFan, is your employer hiring?? ;D

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I'll tell you what. If you buy the XCR and take it to the range with your "AR" friends and if at least one doesn't change his mind and want an XCR, I will BUY your XCR from you outright. I have no doubt that if not all of you AR friends at least one or two will become XCR fans. Just remember this, the XCR is what the AR always aspired to be, but Stoner just didn't have the foresight needed at the time. Stoner was looking to make a ton of money from the government, which he did. The AR is good but it could be a lot better. There is a reason the AK beats out the AR everytime. However, the AK has it's flaws as well. That is where the XCR takes the good from both and adds the best of the FAL and combines it.

Parts are not an issue. RA has parts. The only real parts you may want are things like springs, firing pin, screws, etc. that can either fall out or break (to no fault of RA). It is just smart. Other than that, you don't need any parts like extra bolts, extractors, etc. They just don't break. If they do and RA doesn't have them in stock for some reason, juts ask someone on this forum and they'll take care of you. But that will most likely never happen as RA will take care of you first. They know what it means to have a relationship with the customers.

Circuit City laid off their best salespeople becaus ethey were making too much in comissions. Shrtly their after, people stopped buying from CC. Now they are bankrupt and all but out of business, but soon will be. RA takes great care of their customers.

God bless the USofRA

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Nice to hear these responses, I have some AR friends that are bashing me for pursuing an XCR. I'm not an expert, yet, and so these are nice to see written down.

XCRFan, is your employer hiring?? ;D
Lot's of AR15 shooters have brain damage from sucking gas for years so they tend to assume everything else sucks even if they dont know what it is.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I don't agree that the AK beats the AR everytime.

The AK is reliable as hell sure, but I am not a fan of it at all. I've seen them sh*t the bed. A buddy of mine set up his issued AK with a Surefire fore rail and mounted his aimpoint to it for a training trip to a foreign country. After our trip, he cursed the gun, and didn't use it again afterwards. It was fine for the training value and that was all that mattered.

Sure it fires a bigger round too. taht 7.62 round will tear a cinder block apart like it's nobody's business as well as punching cleanly through cars. (Depending on where you hit it.) I think the MK262 round is a deadly little bastard though not as heavy.

The M4 is more ergonomic. Selector placement, mag changing and offers more versatility than the AK. Carrying a MK12, but will be going urban? No problem, pull the upper off, pull out your 10". Believe me, it's been done. Not to mention the M4 is far more accurate. Granted the AK has combat accuracy sure, but it has nothing on the (at least 4 minute) M4.

The AK is a good rifle, I'm just not a fan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts