XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since my friend's mother died, I have wanted to get a tattoo dedicated to my own mother. Luckily for me, she is still alive, well, and the most amazing woman on the planet. I want to do something to symbolize how much I love her before she does pass away someday. Of course, she'll never get to see the tattoo.. because I am sure she would scalp me... But I am getting it this weekend. I will post pics soon. :)

Moral of my story is: Love your parents as much as you can while they are around. :inlove:

·
Registered
447 Posts
How about getting her a card and maybe some flowers?

Not to rain on your parade (would you expect any less from me?), but I guess I don't see how honoring your mother by doing something she would not approve of is really honoring her. :2cents:

Sorry.... eh, I'm not a fan of tattoos anyway... I'll go look for a cat to kick now..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Make it tasteful. Tats with meaning are good and a part of you.

I met my to be MIL at a Tat place, I took her Daughter there to get her first tat. LOL I know she hated me then but she loves me now ;D

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol. LA Ink is an alright show. I'm busy watching CSI and the animal channel most days, though. :p

A lot of people frown on tattoos. I don't mind. Mine will be pretty and invisible. :)

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
T,

lost my mom recently. one thing that really come home: don't leave anything undone -- there's less time than you think.

tk

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am not big on tattoos, mainly because in my line of work, I have seen what happens to them YEARS down the road when the skin loses its elasticity etc. I once treated an old man that had many all over him. One USED to be a naked woman on his forearm (or so he said!) I am sure that woman would have looked really hot back when she was placed there, but the years and sun had taken their toll and she was just a saggy, faded memory at that point! Having said all that, I have seen some of your artwork and sketches here on this site Terra. You have got quite a bit of talent (my dad was a career artist and painter, I can't draw a straight line with a drafting board). I would EXPECT you to DESIGN your own tat that would be very original. Don't just walk into the shop and pick out something that everyone else has. Take your time and design something really unique, it will be forever. Of course, you probably already have....but I am just throwing out suggestions! ;D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Actually, there's a new type of ink. If you like it keep it forever, if you don't it can be removed with a single laser treatment.
I designed mine, but I'm an artist (in addition to everything else).

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I am not big on tattoos, mainly because in my line of work, I have seen what happens to them YEARS down the road when the skin loses its elasticity etc. I once treated an old man that had many all over him. One USED to be a naked woman on his forearm (or so he said!) I am sure that woman would have looked really hot back when she was placed there, but the years and sun had taken their toll and she was just a saggy, faded memory at that point! Having said all that, I have seen some of your artwork and sketches here on this site Terra. You have got quite a bit of talent (my dad was a career artist and painter, I can't draw a straight line with a drafting board). I would EXPECT you to DESIGN your own tat that would be very original. Don't just walk into the shop and pick out something that everyone else has. Take your time and design something really unique, it will be forever. Of course, you probably already have....but I am just throwing out suggestions! ;D
Very wise advise. I don't have any tats, I am the kind of person that likes to go all out. I would have to have a full sleave or something.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Go girl, my wife has three and want's another.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Didn't want to say it or ask it... :laughposter:

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw something online that inspired this drawing... so it's not 100% out of my noggin, but definitely after my own style.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
That's pretty. My wife agrees too. Position is good too so you can decide when to show it and when to cover it. Go for it girl.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
How about getting her a card and maybe some flowers?

Not to rain on your parade (would you expect any less from me?), but I guess I don't see how honoring your mother by doing something she would not approve of is really honoring her. :2cents:

Sorry.... eh, I'm not a fan of tattoos anyway... I'll go look for a cat to kick now..
I agree va_plinker. Maybe it was just my generation but the only folks that had tats were sailors, marines and bikers. However, it seems to be all the rage now....damn crazy kids!

I took the family to a local water park last summer and saw some really ugly examples of what aging can do to tats. Here is an analogy: Take a balloon and draw a beautiful picture on it. Now, either blow the balloon up twice its size or deflate it so it is all wrinkled. Either way, it is not pretty. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
That's why you get them recolored and modified as you age and change.

·
Registered
161 Posts
you can only recolor and modify tats so much. the skin is what you can't change. all tats will eventually look like a blotchy drawing that was left out in the rain. i have yet to see a tat that could be 100% removed without surgery. :duh: :2cents:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I agree with the issue of removal but as for the blotchy comment, you're got to stop looking at prison tats. My wife has had hers for almost 20 years and they still look good. Friends from the army have theirs and a few had them recolored but so far nothing looks crappy. Yes, they fade a bit but the recoloring resolves that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts