XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enjoy, I am off to see Batman...

I added some pics from yesterday to the pic thread as well...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Creative....

Man I wish I had some wide open space like that to shoot in.
It's about a 40 minute drive from Downtown, but it's worth the gas because I didnt see another soul other than my fellow shooters for 5 hours. We did some long range shooting as well.

Utah is a good place to live...and shoot ;)

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Actually I'll step up my comment, and say that after looking at all the angles, editing, effects again... I think that is the best looking XCR montage yet placed on Youtube, heh...

The ability to get into long range shooting is what I would really like to be able to do out in a space like that. All mine is done at 100 yard max, for the mostpart. I'm going to shoot in a 3-gun at the end of August, and there is supposedly going to be a 300 yard shot on an 8" plate. Not hard for someone that is practiced at that range, but I will have to do it under the timed pressure of a match, never having done it before, with a rifle and load for which I only have confirmed performance at the 100 yard line. It will be interesting to see if I can hit that plate on the first couple shots. I'm going to be shooting and recording/analyzing load performance every available Saturday before then in hopes of making a successful shot.

I also enjoy reading about the exploits of some of the guys who shoot 1500+ yards in the areas surrounding Fort Collins, CO. Looks like lots of fun.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Man... I miss Utah...
Very, very good video, definitely the best yet!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Looks like out behind my house , all BLM land , the only trouble is if a storm heads in there is nothing to slow it down until it hits the house.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Variable:
I moved to UT about 8 months ago and have only been able to shoot at indoor ranges. I really need to sight in my XCR and 6.8 SPC at 100 yards and want some practice at farther distances. Can you send me a Message with the exact location of the area in your video? I am only 15 minutes from SLC so a one hour drive is not a hardship.

MadDog :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
I like that video and I like your set up. All the essentials and just the basics. Cool chest rig.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
that was pretty cool. 2 comments though:

1) you should have gotten cover while changing mags. l learned this in "Call of Duty 3" on the Xbox. I also practice this in my mom's basement all the time.

2) blue jays cap is not really tactical. A Raiders cap would have been much better.

Carry on.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Looks like you had fun shooting the vid..I need to gt back out to Utah to the great wide open.

·
Registered
919 Posts
that was pretty cool. 2 comments though:

1) you should have gotten cover while changing mags. l learned this in "Call of Duty 3" on the Xbox. I also practice this in my mom's basement all the time.

2) blue jays cap is not really tactical. A Raiders cap would have been much better.

Carry on.
:rofl:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts