XCR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this video on youtube and the words of the song rang very true to me

If the embed does not work here is a link

Thank to all of the Men and Woman that put there lives on the line for us everyday

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Well, I'll be dang...

Check it out at 1:33 to 1:36 and look at the mag that guy has in his carbine...

·
Registered
312 Posts
I got one, makes for a very heavy package. Here's a pic in the XCR. Had the C-mag for over a year and it hasn't been to the range yet.

The pic is more to show that I shaved the loop off the XCR folding stock.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Yeah, my point was more that in another thread, it was stated that they are junk and not suitable for LE or combat use - but low and behold, there you see one in actual use by a combat soldier (well - a picture of one anyway).

He must have a lax unit amorer, plus have a LOT of faith in that mag, to stake his life and the lives of others on it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I found this video on youtube and the words of the song rang very true to me

If the embed does not work here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTVsKVN-8Eg

Thank to all of the Men and Woman that put there lives on the line for us everyday
You just have to click the youtube icon
when posting/replying. Then insert the above link between the two sets of "youtube" brackets.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I made this one 2 years ago. Similar theme. I spliced a ton of clips together to the beat/words of the music. Took me forever.

·
Registered
312 Posts
XCR-fin: That's great! I think I saw that one on youtube a while back. Very professional and cool. I like how you used that sandstorm in the fade.

plus enter sandman is one of my favorite songs.

·
Registered
356 Posts
XCR-fin: That's great! I think I saw that one on youtube a while back. Very professional and cool. I like how you used that sandstorm in the fade.

plus enter sandman is one of my favorite songs too.

Thanks man. That sandstorm at the end is nuts. It turns day into night in about a minute.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yeah, my point was more that in another thread, it was stated that they are junk and not suitable for LE or combat use - but low and behold, there you see one in actual use by a combat soldier (well - a picture of one anyway).

He must have a lax unit amorer, plus have a LOT of faith in that mag, to stake his life and the lives of others on it.
You could still show me 500 guys in Iraq and Afghanistan with C mags and those will be 500 guys who are staking their lives on an unreliable mag.  C mags work most of the time IF NOT subjected to getting dirty and banged around at all.  The weight of a full c mag locked a magwell don't hold up after a few patrols and the makes the light and nible carbine not so light and nible and it's a pain to shoot with a c mag around walls. There is a reason why they are shipped with a padded case.

They tend to f-up in the first 10 rounds.  It sure would suck to hump that stupid thing around and have to dump it with 93 rounds still left in it.  And because of the cost and the fact that it still has rounds in it you'll tend not to leave it behind and figure how you are going to carry the thing around while still shooting and moving.

The only time where I could agree a C mag is "handy" would be in a defensive position as long as it does not come in contact or exposed to dirt, sand, or water. But other than that it's cons outweigh it's pros.

100 buck I bet that guy in the photo is not an infantryman or MP. Probably some PAO type that is there while some photo journalist snaps some shots.  Even in combat some guys don't make wise choices and if his COC allows him to use that they are failing him too.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
As an FYI. Elements of the military are looking to use C-Mags rather then belt feed for squad automatic weapons moveing forwards. I don't know if I agree with them as belt feed has a number of advantages assuming disintegrating links are used.

I used to partol with a 90 round snail-drum as an option but have always preferred belt feed for suppressive firepower. The more complex a mechanizm is the more likely it is to fail. :2cents:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Those are hearsay rumors (similar to ones we hear about an upcoming large pay raise, going to plastic links, or disbanding the Marines). And belt fed are belt feds. A C-mag has an adapter for a SAW but in no way replaces the belt and mag use in a SAW are considered for emergency purposes. Back in the day some USGI mags will work while others didn't (I can't remember if it were the Okays or AdventureLine or Parsons).

If they are going to use a forced fed SAW using a drum mag they'd better come up with a new weapons platform. Throughout history drum mags have always been problematic but the desire to have a higher capacity magazine is always in demand. Maybe one day they will get it right. Put enough money into it and they might get it done right, but that is where we are stuck right now. But some systems are hard to improve on and are perfect they way they are from the get go. Just look at the M2HB with its fundamental design unchanged in over 90 years and still widely used today and most likely for the next 50 as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts